NATIONAL VETERINARY LABORATORY (LANAVET)
The National Veterinary Laboratory (LANAVET) is a Cameroon State-owned company created by Presidential Decree on 8th October 1983. LANAVET is technically supervised by the Ministry of Livestock, Fisheries and Animal Industries (MINEPIA) and is under the financial authority of the Ministry of Finance (MINFI).
Scope of activities:
The missions assigned to LANAVET are:
– Production and sale of vaccines and medicines,
– Analysis of biological samples for diagnosis,
– Study of animal diseases,
– Animal diseases survellance,
– Training of senior staff and technicians,
– Scientific collaboration with national and international organisations.